power conditioning question gentlemen

      I,m considering a power conditioner /surge unit ,Two sunfire subs,nu vista intergrated(draws some juice) ,transport,dac,tt, phono section (dc-ac i may just plug in wall)  .Dedicated 20amp run directly to room x 2 hospital grade rec. I have been looking into richard grays,furman ref,shunyata etc.I have a unique set up here in nor cal.I am completley off grid!,I run a serious solar and res set up with a genny back up.The power is pretty consistant although during changes in genny start up or at time it does fluctuate a little .I never hear it or have never measured a spiked it drops slightly during those milliseconds.I would like to snag a used one in the 1k range .

Again i hear nothing to indicate any sound issue . I just question the available flow and want to address the slight flutter or drop off at switch over I beleive the core ant that pt2400 furman are in my wheelhouse 
Post removed 
Hi @rippet,

Sorry I may have misread. If you were saying these units worked on the circuit, regardless of whether or not the items being "protected" were in series, then it must be a parallel surge protector.

If I misread that I apologize.

Otherwise, my original statements stand.  Claims of a NASA or KGB background don't change the physics of a circuit.

Richard Gray, who makes the best parallel system I know of, still can't do surge protection. A surge would have come and gone before it responded.  It is however very effective at smoothing out AC irregularities, such as by dimmer switches and motors, neighbors coming home, etc.


For an in depth technical discussion of series protectin, please see the links on this site.


Of course, you can claim anything on the web, but having looked at the Furman units that use this, and examining the claims here, it all adds up. There's no snake oil. Its sound science and deep knowledge of AC circuits in detail.


Eric any thoughts on the core i value your input. In your opinion your thinking the pt 2400 furman
then r gray ( which ) ?
Core ??