Power cords: Kimber Kable Palladium

Anyone have experience with the Kimber power cords.

I read an Audio Bacon review suggesting they have great timbre and tonal qualities.

Looking for a PC for my DAC

mpomerantz

I have four of these cables that I purchased used at very good prices. They perform great in my opinion. I don’t think I’ll be upgrading anytime soon. If you want to improve them even further swap out the ends with Furutech NFC connectors. It’s easy to do. The jump in performance is worth the money. The Furutech connectors cost almost as much as I paint for the cables but worth it. 

@hanki - Can you share what improvements you experienced with the Furutech NFC connectors? 

I use the Rhodium version. It is quite a bit more open and increases dynamics and detail. The bass is also a bit tighter. To connect the bare wire to the plugs I use Furutech FP 209-10(R) spade terminals. This makes it easier as the cord wire is very thick. It also makes a better connection to the plug. You just have to use a crimping tool to attach the the spade terminal to the wire. I hope this helps. 

I use the Rhodium version. It is quite a bit more open and increases dynamics and detail. The bass is also a bit tighter. To connect the bare wire to the plugs I use Furutech FP 209-10(R) spade terminals. This makes it easier as the cord wire is very thick. It also makes a better connection to the plug. You just have to use a crimping tool to attach the the spade terminal to the wire. I hope this helps. 

@hanki - thank you! Might be too much of a project for me, but it’s good to know the cable can be enhanced.