Price to list ad

I'm listing an ad for $1999 and A-gon fee is $39.99!! Is that right? If it is, wow what a price increase.
Thanks
harley52
AS BB King said your paying the cost to be the boss.Things are very slow in the Audiogon good luck though!!
@trelja , Joe, you are moving to Vancouver?????
Good luck! I hope that all is well!

I also have had good success with US Audiomart. I have had some success with Audio Asylum, but very little. AA usually has to be less expensive items (<$1,000) for any interest.

I also know that Audio Circle and What's Best Forum allow for ads on their sites. I have placed my first ad on WBF about a week ago, with no interest yet.

If you can afford to be patient, the free sites work well.
However, if you HAVE to sell something fast, Audiogon is still the heaviest traffic spot.
Of course that speed comes at a price.

@jond , it was $2 an ad when I joined in 2000, then swelled up to $4 an ad a few years later. It jumped up to 2% roughly 5 years ago?
$4 to 2% was a HUGE jump! Especially when you are selling $5K+ components.
I probably sell about 75% of my gear on US Audiomart now.
EBAY is 10% !!!! of your sales price including shipping . Your not going to find a better place to sell then here at Agon  . 
@jmcgrogan2 Sounds about right I joined in 2000 too and remember the $2 days $4 sounds fair also. 2% seems high but I guess to a certain extent you get what you pay for though I may give USA Audiomart a try sometime.