Price to list ad

I'm listing an ad for $1999 and A-gon fee is $39.99!! Is that right? If it is, wow what a price increase.
Thanks
harley52
@trelja , that sounds GREAT Joe!
I can relate to the getting up early day after day after day grind, yes, that does get old very quickly.
You are very fortunate to be able to get out of that rat race at such a young age. I'm envious!

And yes, I DO believe  that there are areas MUCH cleaner than Philadelphia!! Hahaha! I've seen them!
We are kind of trapped here due to our roots though. With grandchildren here now, I don't think my wife would ever consider moving!!
If I could, I've always loved the San Diego area, though a bit pricey, it's probably worth it!

Best wishes again, I'm sure that you will have a great time out there!
@trelja Congrats on your move Vancouver is gorgeous and cosmopolitan and great food. Philly is, well there is some great food. :p  Just teasing but seriously congrats on your move sounds great and enjoy your retirement sounds like you've really earned it! And so is a new reference Vancouver system on the way?
OK, as a follow-up, now I know why I thought the fees were 10% here.

One time I had asked about an item, and even made a relatively close offer, telling them I was a newbie to Audiogon, and the person wrote back saying the fees would be 10%, and so I should get a bit closer to the price they were asking.

So now I'm glad I didn't.  It apparently didn't end up selling, even though they said somebody else was buying it the next day when they got paid, unless I increased my offer right then.  

On two recent sales, listed both here and usaudiomart, it was the free ad that made the sale!