***ProAc***Audiogon Tablette Owners Club***

Just today pulled the trigger on a barely used pair of Tablette Anniversaries in the stunning Ebony finish,along with a brand new Quad VA-One +(plus) to drive them in a small bedroom system..I'm going to tweak this system to the max,full loom of Nordost Leif cables,tube dampers,IsoAcoustics desk top stands,a good support for the amp..This likely to be the system I end my days with...
 So who else is using Tablettes & I DON"T mean by Apple!Describe your set up & tell us how it sounds..
freediver
roxy54: I believe they will perform superbly,recommended distance from back wall is 30"max,they will be about 18" out,on really good stands...I agree about their value..There are not to many,really good,tiny,true 8 ohm,2 way speakers available..
marcusman:I demo’d the Quad S1 & Martin Logan LX16 in a nearfield set up & felt the ribbon didn’t integrate with the midbass driver & sounded beamy,they needed room between listener & speaker to sound best..My advise is,if a move to smaller digs is not 100% done deal,even a year from now like mine is,build a system for the room now,meaning something slightly bigger with deeper bass & better scale....I bought a VERY small studio condo in S.Florida.I wanted something as good as the Harbeth M30.1’s I have now..I demo’d the Quad S1,Martin Logan LX16,Harbeth P3ESR,Spendor A1 & ProAc Tablet Sigs,all driven by iFi Audio Stereo 50 tube integrated amp/dac/headphone in nearfield set up...As I said above I found the ribbon tweets to sound beemy in nearfield,the Harbeth stunning in the midrange but I didn’t care for the metal tweeter,the A1 just plain slow & plodding on tubes & the Signatures best balanced overall in nearfield...
I decided to purchase the D2R's.  They are fantastic.  Like others have noted setup does require a little effort.  I also have some heavy duty stands on their way.  If I didn't get such a good deal on the D2R's I likely would have got the smaller Signatures.  I really enjoy the ProAc sound.  The ribbon is fantastic to my cloth ears.