PS Audio AC-5 question

I recently bought PS Audio AC-5 power cord for my Parasound HCA-1205A amp. My pre is Anthem AVM-20 with Shunyata Diamondback power cord. My speakers are Paradigm Studio 60 v.3. When I changed the power cord of the amp from stock cable, I found that the overall sound is more forward than I would like. Also the top end has opened up, but I feel it to be a bit harsh - to the face. Not sure what is the issue. Is the PS Audio AC-5 a worng choice to Parasound amp?.
lake_eleven
Not really, PsAudio has taken steps to stop some ebay fakes, but I would trust my gut on this one, how much is it?
Hi Lake_11,
I used the AC-5 on my AVM-30 a few years back and really loved the outcome, and I have posted it up here as well.Search.
Just off the record, in sound quality, my AVM-30 and A5 amp were no match with my newly purchased Jeff Rowland Pre-amp Capri and amp 102.
I think Anthem is only good enough for home theater.
Thanks Vinylvin and Jdub for the info. I picked up AC-10 at their ware house at 50% off!, great deal. AC-10 now is on Parasound amp, immediately I noticed a big change. Lot of detail, crystal clear highs. I can imagine how it will sound after burn-in.