PS Audio AC-5 question

I recently bought PS Audio AC-5 power cord for my Parasound HCA-1205A amp. My pre is Anthem AVM-20 with Shunyata Diamondback power cord. My speakers are Paradigm Studio 60 v.3. When I changed the power cord of the amp from stock cable, I found that the overall sound is more forward than I would like. Also the top end has opened up, but I feel it to be a bit harsh - to the face. Not sure what is the issue. Is the PS Audio AC-5 a worng choice to Parasound amp?.
lake_eleven
Yeah wish I could explain it, but what ever it is, I like it! You can sit back and ride the wave home as it will seem as though its not going to stop giving up more new sound. Man I wish I bought the AC12 first its a Killer!! How did the Caig workout any differnce?
Have not tried the Caig G5 yet. Waiting for the burn-in to be done. Have to clean all the power cords and ICs, may be the fuses too. May have to toe-in the speakers a bit as the sound stage has widened.
Toe-in was a topic I was going to bring up later because it will be required, It's an urge I try my best to resist during burn-in, if only to compare changes. You should be about to hear the beginings of the 3rd layer of the sound emerge in the background as the final settling ends, at about 270 hrs it going to seem as though its not going to stop breaking in the frequency extrems are just beautiful. Let me know when your jaw drops! Then tell me if your Anthem is still the weakest link!
I got home tonite and OH MY!! 224 hrs and the distance from the AC10 is more than just a little it's just flat out Flagship class even at this point if I had to pay 2x the price for the AC12 I would (LOL). Now when fully broken in guess I'll sell the farm.
Exactly, the improvement AC-12 gives is exponentially more than AC-10.
At 288 hrs, the sound stage has greatly opened up, detail retrieval is excellent. Overall the music is smooth and revealing. Is just amazing. Not sure if there is more breakin to happen. Forums indicate the AC-12 bunrs-in fully by 275 hrs.