Purist Audio Colossus speaker cables... wow

Just inserted a pair of Purist Audio Colossus speaker cables into my system and I must say that they are quite impressive. Dimensionality and tonal colors are wonderful. I'm surprised a bit by the change. At the moment, I'm only using an integrated Marantz amp powering a pair of Kharma Ceramique 1.0 speakers and fed via an Audio Aero Capitole Mk 24/192 CD Player. Can't wait to hear these cables with my Atma-Sphere MA1 MkII.2 amps (one sent to A-S for minor repair). Oh, previous speaker cable was Synergistic Designer Ref .5.

Now I'm curious about the Interconnect... anyone have experience with the PAD interconnects? Thanks!! BTW, I'll give more detailed feedback when I get a little time. Thanks in advance for the info!!
128x128germanboxers
Contact Bill at GTT. He is very knowledgeable and carries many brands. He's the type of guy that will give you an honist opinion, without trying to sell you something.
Try the Purist Audio Venustas cables. They are a new series from Purist, and are reputed to be close to Dominus, at a lower price. For a very low price, even the new Museaus cables from Purist are supposed to be very good. I just rewired my internal speaker wiring with Dominus, and it was a very good improvement.
TWL, I've heard that the Venustas are a departure from the "family" sound that PAD has had? Supposedly, the Venustas are more "wide-band", but do not possess the same degree of tonal density (lushness?). I have to admit that I am a sucker for lushness as long as transparency is not severely compromised. TWL, or anyone else for that matter, do you know if this is true? Thanks again!
Venustas does depart from the Purist family sound. I have the complete line of Purist cable here in my photo studio, doing the new product line brochure.

The sound of the fluid jacketed cables is slightly less resolved sounding and less forward sounding. Some might call it softer. This does not mean they give up the ultra high resolution of the new line, just that they do so in a relaxed manner.

The Venustas is part of the new Ferox jacketed Purist cables and is quieter and more dynamic but definitely less forgiving. I found the Venustas to be a blessing between my Koetsu Rosewood Platinum Signature and my all tube phono stage. I actually gained about one or two BD efficiently along with better signal to noise. This cartridge is so beautiful and liquid, the harder more resolved cable actually balanced it better than Dominus.

I am in my first week of burn in on a new Ferox based power cable from Purist. So far it is only available in Germany and is 240 Volt configuration. Jim sent it to me because my Wolcott is wired to run 240. If this becomes available for the USA market, it will be a MUST have item.

You are welcome to contact me about specifics. Between what I already own and what is here for photography I probably have more to compare than most dealers.