Question re: DAC with network/streaming capability

Hi all, looking at revamping my digital front end, which comprises Meridian 206 CD player, Linn Majik DS digital streamer plus Oppo UDP-205 BD player.

My goal is to add music server/streamer capabilities while improving overall SQ while replacing Meridian & Linn.

Seriously considering Innuos Zenith mk3 given the rave review AND the facts that it ticks a few boxes: Network streamer, music server, CD ripping, supports for Roon & MQA.

Questions:

1: While Zenith does offer codec for different formats such as FLAC, AAC, MQA as well as network streaming for Tidal, Qubuz etc, can I simply focus on possibly older DAC/SACD+DAC combo (such as dCS Debussy or Playback Designs MPS-5) as long as it supports PCM and DSD over PCM (DoP), which are the output formats from Zenith?

2: IF I do get one of the newer/top end DAC like dCS Bartok where it DOES support FLAC/AAC. When I play files stored in Zenith, will I be using the Codec from Bartok or Zenith?

3: Being greedy here, IS there any device out there that incorporates the function of SACD transport/DAC/Streamer/Music server in one box while offering comparable SQ as per above combo?
alecela
1. Yes
2. I don’t think you understand codec, the Zenith will have the software to decode FLAC/ACC sending PCM to the DAC. Unless you use the Bartok as a streamer through the ethernet connection where it takes the FLAC/ACC from a storage device or online service like Tidal then it will decode. The dCS is a streamer/ DAC.
3. Not that I am aware of.
If the dCS Bartok can be a Roon endpoint you don't need the Zenith. RIP your CDs to a NAS or a harddrive and connect to it.
Tx djones51. Looks like I missed the fact that Zenith doesn’t function like a pure file server whereas a streamer/DAC like Bartok can directly retrieve a FLAC file, decode it then DA convert it. As such, I will NOT be able to use the codec from Bartok when music files are being stored in the Zenith.

So the only "functional" benefit for getting a Bartok instead of Debussy/MPS-5 would be the flexibility of using Bartok OR Zenith for the Codec when listening to streaming services like Tidal. Would be interesting to see the codec performance between the two when both are fed ultimately to Bartok or same DAC for the DA stage.

I have been using my macbook to rip CD onto my QNAP NAS but this is a bit cumbersome hence I was looking at the zenith to achieve this while adding the streaming function.  
After thinking about it the Cocktail X45 Pro does everything you mentioned I don’t think the Luxman is a streamer.