Reaction to : Bedini-Ultra Clarifier II

I Recently bought a Bedini Clarifier II ( dual-beam ) - heard all sorts of Great Reviews on it ( lowering the noise floor, hence - more detail and more Open soundstage/presentation ), so I purchased one! With what Little time I used it/listened to it - I Really HAVE NOT heard "Much" Difference ( may be a little ? ). Has Anyone else also Experienced that or am I just going "BATTY" ( and/or am I being SUCKED into the Audiophile Tweaking Domain )?? Is it Worth the $$ ?? Looking for Opinions/Feedback Please!!
tebecker
come on now Sean you "need" it & y'all "know it" :)

Richard I dunno about sprays & SACD, but I'm talking about the *label* side not the data side.
Regarding marker pens, my only experience was with the black Auric Illuminator pen marker, which did make a big sonic difference which was no good at all. Thinned out the sound badly & was hyper-detailed at best. Fortunately it cleans right off with alcohol & a cotton ball.
My experience is that markers increase reading errors and do nothing beneficial for sonics. Like any other tweak, use them at your own risk. Sean
>
I hear definite results, more so on frequently played but untreated CD's. than on brand new ones. Try doing it 3 times, once label up, then again label down and then again label up. Smoothed out the highs, and blackened the background in my system, acoustic instruments open up a tad, more bloom, but I agree it isn't a huge difference. My take on all these tweaks, is that they all add minor improvements, but when you start to pay attention to numerous details, adding good power cords and recepticals, cleaning wire connections, vibration control, demagnetising etc, the sum of ALL the tweaks becomes quite significant.
My experiences are like Sternart's. I use the Furatech unit which I use three times on the top and bottom each time I play. I had both Bedini units as well as the RS bulk eraser and find the Furatech much better and less noisy.
This clarifier is to reduce statis by neuralizing the statis staus of your disc. Statis attracts dirts, dust and small pericles you dont see. Before you clarify your disc, clean the CDs with fresh running water down your tap, leave it out to dry. Use the clarfier afterwards, and the disc will then have a neutral statis status and attracks less particles in air. Perfect smooth surface of your disc can improve sound.

However, improvment is not UP FRONT RIGHT IN YOR FACE. It's subtle and for $50.00 used , you cant expect much.