Rega Planar 25 problem

My Rega Planar 25 has an obvious problem: the small round black plastic piece that fits over the motor spindle (i.e. the little shiny steel rod. about 1/8" diameter, that turns with the motor)is not fastened to the motor spindle: it can be lifted off with no effort, so it isn't a friction fit, and it shows no sign of glue or cement or the like.

Does anyone know how these two pieces are supposed to be held together? I have a Rega Planar 3 too, and what look like identical parts (except with no shiny steelin sight) are firmly held together. It's a mystery why my 25 ever worked, but however that may be, it sure doesn't now!

Can anyone help? I posted a similar message some months ago and was told to contact the USA Rega distributor, which I tried to do. No answer came back.

Thanks,

Tom Patton
tom_nice
STEFANI, I tried my friends P25 belt after reading your suggestion to try a new belt. I tested his tables speed and it does runa bout 1% fast. With his belt on my table, my table does the same thing.

The manual does state "allow for slow star times and giving the platter a nudge would help speed things up" Granted it does NOT say the platter won't start otherwise.

My motor does not seem to be running slow. Using a KAB speed strobe with stylus drag as a factor it runs at what Rega says it should run at which is 33 1/3 + or - .05%.
Mine is runnig at .03% fast (with either belts) which is basically dead on. I have heard of some Rega's running fast but also I do believe most run on speed. However, the start-up thing.

This start-up issue was concerning me until I realized the speed of the table is steady and right on speed. Also your help as well with troubleshooting also made me feel a little better. Unless you think there is still a problem, if you do I'm open to ideas.
Jeffjarvis, you had this same pronlem before?

If so, did you see a leak of oil anywhere around the subplatter before doing so?

Thanks,
There is Rega's recommended fix for a fast table which involves thoroughly cleaning the hub and spindle-hole with the correct cleaning fluid and then placing 2 DROPS ONLY of 80/90w Gear oil in the spindle-hole and replacing the hub.Check with Rega.I think you should be o.k as is.You can still talc your belt as this saves wear.
I bought a Rega P25 that had been sitting in the box for years. it ran slow.
A friend suggested some fresh oil, just a drop or two of sewing machine oil.
I think it's spinning at the correct speed by the sound.
What's the best way to count the RPMs?