Replacement Fuse's - What are my options ????

Do to a dumb electrical move I blew a fuse in my amp and thankfully it did just what it was supposed to do. No damage to my amp. What are my replacement options ???? I have heard some audiophile fuse's are out there for $25 a fuse....any comments would be appreciated.
garebear
Bob, if you check a fuse holder with no fuse in and with the ac disconnected, a meter will show continuity between the hot blade of the ac and one side of the fuse holder. Only with the switch and amp on will you have continuity between the other side of the fuse and the ac blade.

This is one of those many instances where I think science tells us little but where there is a substantial sonic benefit. IsoClean strongly believes in keeping track of direction. I doubt also whether the HiFi fuses are not directional. I have always heard a difference in tube direction since Lloyd Walker argued that I should try it. With IsoClean the proper direction is night and day.

Howard, do give me a call when you are in town.

I am a political science professor and was on the faculty senate at the time that STCL and TAMU tried to bridge the gap between a private law college and a state university. STCL wanted an influx of pre-law students primarily from my department, and TAMU wanted a law school. Ultimately, I don't think it matters much that this failed. We have 1300 majors and about 25-30 go on to law school. It was no big deal for us.
The listening test will verify the proper direction.

With any fuse, even one that is 10 years old.

"In all my experience with such fuse holders the arrow should go from left to right when you are looking at the fuseholder. " - that all depends on whether you're looking at the fuseholder from the right side or the left side :-)

GK
TBG, just because there is "continuity", as you put it, doesn't imply that the current flows in only one direction. AC current, by definition, alternates in its direction and voltage, 60 times a second in North America and 50 times a second in most of the rest of the world.
Now fuses installed on the DC voltage rails might have directionality, but I have my doubts, no matter what the fuse dealers say.
With respect, Bob P.
Bob, I am only identifying the hot wire to the transformers.

All that I can say is that I have repeatedly heard the impact of the proper direction for fuses. IsoClean marks theirs, and I have always found they are right. Only you can be the judge, of course. Try switching the direction of the fuse in your line stage and see what you hear.

As far as I know only IsoClean claims fuse directionality, but many have found it on other fuses.
I don't think anybody mentioned the Furutech fuses which I just stumbled across. These come with a pure silver conductor, rodium plating, and cryo-treated to boot!

I've owned the excellent IsoClean fuses, I'd like to try the hifi.com fuses, but I think I'd have to go with these next.

http://www.furutech.com/produ_2.asp?ProdNo=239

-IMO