Rogue Owners Unite

Hello Rogue Owners. The goal of this thread is to let Rogue owners discuss the tubes they have tried in their amps/preams and discuss other tweeks that have been implemented with success. It would also be nice if you'd post your system components to help us compare notes.
buckingham
Hey Bradz,

I'm also curious. I don't want to bias your findings, but the 99 uses the 6SN7's octal tubes which are known to reduce grain and smooth things out. The 6SN7 is a much better tube than the small 12AX tubes IMO. Are you getting the Magnum version? Be sure to fill the Power supply with sand. The hole for the sand is done at the factory now, so it's OK to do it yourself if it's not there.
Hola Buckingham,
I bought a stock 99 last week for a KILLER price....$1270. delivered to my door! The upgrade to the Magnum version may come later. From what I've read about the 66 and 99, I also think the 6sn7 tube will smooth things out. We will see. On my stock 66's power supply, I noticed a plastic cover on one end opposite side of where the cord comes out. Is this the place to fill with sand? What kind of sand do you use....only silica sand, which resists moisture? How much sand do I use in the power supply? Sorry about all the questions, but I'd like to know. Just recently, I've also upgraded my amp. The new amp compared to my previous amp, brought out more of the signal and sometimes I feel that it should be more smooth sounding. Hopefully, the 6sn7 tube in the 99 will do it for me.
Bradz, some other guys on here have done the sand trick. Member "David99" is the guy you want to talk to. He sent me an email with detailed instructions but I lost it! Let me know how it works out.
Bradz, with new tube equipment I usually give 2-4 weeks to fully open up. Please write a quick summary of your findings of the 99 :)