room space

I have a living room in apartment with listening space of 4m (from listening coach to front wall where speaker stands) x 6m wide with the height of 3m.  I am planning to purchase a 2nd hand Dynaudio Contour 3.3. But I am afraid that such kind of not so large space, the bass might cause standing waves which make bass unclear or vibrating the floor which cause down floor inhabitants complain.  Do you have any idea for my condition? Or should  I buy a smaller one such as Contour 1.8 MK II? Tks. in advance.  
128x128faust168

You may want to pick a different brand. Dynaudio has always had some issues with bass. Every time I've set them up, I always got that one note type of bass. Some people refer to it as a "hump" in the bass. If I had to choose between the 2, I would get the 3.3 over the 1.8.

If you're open to different brands, a pair of Vandersteen Model 2 or 3's would be ideal. The quality of bass if excellent, and they give a lot of placement and correction options. But I'm guessing you live somewhere in Europe so you may not have access to Vandersteen. JM Labs, Audio Physic and Monitor Audio are brands that you probably have access to and you'll have a much easier time getting the bass right.

mgreen 27:

Tks for your response and opinions. In addition to the accomodation to fit the room space with ideal sound, I also need to consider about the speaker's re-sell value.  Dyanudio seems having better re-sale value in my area in the far east. We have audio physics here in Taiwan but the brand awareness and sales is so so. As for the Monitor Audio, it is made in China now.  That is obviously the down point. We have Focal here which might be the another sister brand of JM Labs.  The new Focal costs a lot for the high End models. In now days, you can't image why the hi-end is so expensive. 

Nice speakers, but may be too much for your room. Possibly may work with the proper acoustic treatments.
Read the review, his room is larger than yours..

http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/262/#j68wmTDzE8SOoS3F.97
Maybe you should consider 2 or 2.5 way speakers to reduce potential overhang bass. 
There is no point is buying a "smaller" speaker. It is about how low the speaker plays. That is the sad truth of it. A smaller driver just moves more than a larger one and will have more distortion (generally) than the larger one at the same volume.  

Now a speaker that does not go as deep would help.