SACD or not

I have a question regarding SACD format. I am looking to replace my CD player and noticed some CD players have the ability to process SACD and some do not.  I have never heard this format and was wondering if I should consider this in my purchase. My purchase price is in the $1400 range
I know people will question why I am using CD at all. That is another discussion for another time. I still like some physical media in my listening experience. 
I look forward to your comments 
schmitty1
Another vote for Marantz, I own the SA-KI Ruby SACD player for 2 channel and the UD7006 for HT/SACD multi-channel and DVD-Audio, I couldn't be happier.  
If you are interested in classical on SACD, jump right in. If not, do some research before you buy a player.

SACDs are more expensive than cds or hi-res streaming. You’re going to pay at least $20 for each SACD, most are $30 and up, and $50 and up for Japanese and out-of-print SACDs.

Selection is pretty limited. Mofi and AP put out a handful of SACDs a year and often those are delayed for a year to several years after an original release date is set. 

At this point, I recommend paying a few hundred dollars for a streamer and $15 to $20 a month for all the hi-res files you can stream or get a really good CD player and lots of currently very cheap CDs. You’ll have a much greater selection and sound that is as good as or better than SACD in many cases.
Redbook standard is 16/44.1. What is hi-res Redbook??
Thing like the cd’s from the "Reference Recording" label, which is 25/96 redbook pcm also DXD.
And they do sound superb, if you have an R2R multibit dac that can do up to 24/96 decoding,
eg: any dac with PCM1704 nearly all discrete R2R multibit dacs like my MSB. Holo, Denafrips, ect ect

Cheers George
You are better off buying a universal disc player. A later model that plays Blu-Ray and DVD, multiple zones, plus CD, SACD, mp3, wav, flac, etc. You don't have to spend $1400. to get a good unit. I bought my Oppo UDP-203 for $500. when they announced they were discontinuing them. It is an amazing player and well worth the money.
SACD's are impressive, in that many have multi-channel capabilities. You would need a home theater, multi-channel system to take advantage of this. 
If you like classic rock , classical music, oldies, etc., and you like multi-channel, SACD's are great. Audiophile companies like Audio Fidelity and Analogue Productions are constantly coming out with new releases. If you are just listening to stereo or mono recordings, most people couldn't tell the difference between hearing a CD or SACD. They may think they can, but they can't. I've done and performed comparisons with lots of different people. The human ear can only hear a fraction of what even a CD is capable of.