SCOUTMASTER TO ARIES 3

I was planning to upgrade from my Scoutmaster table to the
Super Scoutmaster. But after looking at the VPI website I noticed that they are coming out with a Aries 3 to replace the Aries 2. Is the Aries 3 a better bet than the Super Scoutmaster. Any thoughts would be appreciated. In short does the Aries 3 offer any sonic advantages over a SuperScoutmaster. It seems that the Aries 3 can also have the outer ring clamsp added as well as the sds. as options, just like the Scoutmaster. The Aries does use the 10.5 Arm vs. the 9 inch arm of the Scoutmaster.
Does the 10.5 arm sound better than the 9 inch arm?
Any input owuld be appreciated..
kjl
Scubabiker
The motor/flywheel comes with a pair of belts, one from the motor pulley to the flywheel and a second from the flywheel to the platter. In fact, VPI will send you a second belt for the platter just for the asking as they find a second belt provides greater speed stability. Keep in mind gentlemen, and this is important, if you are going to add a flywheel, you MUST use some kind of speed controller. It is for this reason that any table VPI sells with the HR-x motor, i.e. SSM or HR-x comes with an SDS as stock. I use a PS Audio P500 for speed control. With the new upgrade, it is adjustable to a 1/16 of a Hz. Without a speed controller, the table will run slow. So anyone contemplating the motor/flywheel upgrade better account for a speed controller in the equation.
Triode123
The butcher block was custom made for me. Truth be told, it was made before I went with the motor/flywheel upgrade and now the rubber feet of the motor on the left side extend out slightly over the beveled edge. I can only hope it is not affecting the performance of the table. The motor is quite stable so I tend to doubt it.
Joneill.. Did VPI discount the cost of the flywheel combo in exchange for your 300rpm motor? I haven't found an upgrade path other than purchasing the combo.
Stew3859...I have both the SDS controller and the P500 set to 60 htz for all of my other components. If I wanted to run it alone with the P500 I guess I could see what htz the SDS uses for 45 and set it, but I assume that would mess up the rest of the components attached to the regulated outlets, so I guess I am better just using the SDS.
I am currently using a Ginko Cloud 10 which just holds the Aries 2 so if I wanted to add the better motor, I would need a bigger platform. I just didn't know if the belt for the HRX would be the same distance for the Aries 2 at the end of the left side of the plinth.
Scubabiker:

Paul McGowan @ PS Audio recently tackled your issue , but as to a P300. I presume the same applies to the P500. Bottom line: Not to worry. See below.

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/psaudio/messages/9141.html