Service from Audio Research

I recently brought a pair of ARC Reference 250 from a authorized dealer in Hong Kong. After one week, I noticed one of the mono blocks has problem turning on once it was switched off. It took at least a few hours, sometimes overnight before it can be turn on again.

The amp has been returned to the dealer for more one week and they have no idea what goes wrong. I tried to email to service@audioresearch.com asking for help. They don't even bother to reply. This is very disappointing and bad after sale service.

I wonder if any member has similar experience with ARC?
tli
To all: please take note that Tli started this thread on May 8th. Today is May 15th -- just 7 days later. I realize the OP said the problem preceded the date of the original post, but what the hay! I think this good ending speaks volumes about ARC and its well earned and deserved reputation of being a premier company.
True. ARC is really trying to help. It is the local distributor that is very slow in solving problem and not communicating with their client.
Audio Research recently had a lot of troubles with their service department.

I told them that I owned previously top products designed by Bill Johnson. They had no longer spare parts for the M-300, D160-A, and Reference 600 ( yah the MK1) and they couldn't sell me spare parts.

Audio Research was bankrupt and was sold to the Fine Sounds Group. Bill Johnsons goal was always to keep parts available no matter when their amps were designed, but due to the fact Bill Johnson is no longer there and they were also in heay debut with the Fine Sounds Group Audio Research stopped selling spare parts mainly for equipment designed by Bill Johnson.

In clear words this means that any amp designed to 2006 -- there is no guarnatee of the availability of spare parts.

Audio Research is no longer the company they were years ago.
Stephanovitch ... I have no information about ARC's finances and cannot validate or dispute anything you just posted. All I can say is that I hope you are misinformed.

When I was a young'in back in the 70s, ARC stood for something ... uncompromised quality. It would pain me to learn that a new generation of young turks denigrated a great company.