SHIPPING FOR MAGNEPLANAR 3.7

I don't feel confident about shipping I want to sell these 3.7 but I am not confident about shipping they are so large if I don't sell on AudiogoN I must go to dealer and sell at big loss. Does anyone have any experience shipping these 125 pound 3.7 speakers.

HELP!!
128x128jimmycg
I have shipped many of the larger Maggies and have always used Old Dominion Freight Lines.

That's the same company that Magnepan uses and they know exactly how to ship these speakers.

I think that they still give a discount if you ask and say that you are shipping Magnepan speakers.
Try listing as local sale/pickup only...that's how I sold mine. Unless you live in the desert...there's likely someone within driving distance that might be interested.
It can be nerve-wracking, but shipping isn't usually an issue. How do you think they get to the dealers in the first place?

I used AAA Cooper, as their terminal was closest to home. The old 2.2/R went out to Minnesota for refurbishing and back home again. Even though there was a boot print on the box (yikes!), all was well inside.

Just make sure to pack them correctly (!) and insure for the full value, as you would for any sensitive components.