Shoot-out Klyne 7xp3.5 vs IO Signature

Just picked up a Klyne 7xp3.5 phono pre. Will be positioning it against The Aesthetix Io signature with 2 supplies and volume controls.

I may try going solid state for a while if the Klyne works out. I have admired these for sometime. Any other users of the illusive Klyne?

Hope this will be interesting. Stay tuned.

Nkj
nkj
Hello,

I've had the Klyne for a little while and actually have been too busy to report back. The Io has a sense of stage space and air that is expansive it's lowest resgisters on my system are slightly plump. The top end of the Io does not sound unnatural but some may argue that it is not hyper extended and have a shimmering quality. My system is quiet. With the Io I have no noise problems.

The Klyne is clean clean, with an extended top end and and very defined punchy lower register. It does not have quite the expansiveness of width of the Io. It's stage depth is very good. This is an exceptional solid state unit that I could easily live with and from a form factor point of view certainly is preferable to the Io. It does not grand stand and draw attention to itself. Very refined with great user adjustable features that will play with audio neurotics fears for some time.

I am keeping both for now and continue to build my opinion. On the used market, if you can find one, I would recommend the Klyne.
Nkj, Would you care to tell us what amp and speakers you are using, what music you prefer, etc? As far as I can tell your system is not posted. Thanks.
Anyone here ever compare the Klyne to the Pass Xono?
Lewm,

I should really post my system. For now:

· Oracle V
· SME V
· Garrard 301 here:
http://gallery.audioasylum.com/cgi/view.mpl?u=127&f=DSC00407.JPG&v=f&UserImages=127&session=&&moniker=AJ&invite=&w=675&h=506
· Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum, Lyra Helikon, Benz Ruby 2
· Aesthetix Io Signature, 2 supplies, with volume controls
· Wyetech Topaz 211C
· Berning ZH-270
· Quad ESL Piquet refurb. and Quad USA monitors
· Valhalla cables

An admiration for vintage too with:

· Futterman H3
· Citation II
· Marantz 2
· Others

Music taste run to jazz, vocal and will rock out from time to time. The bass "quality" with the Esl’s is quite good.

Regards,
Anyone here ever compare the Klyne to the Pass Xono?

Yes, I did.
In my System.