Should Speaker Manufactures provide a Frequency Response Graph?

Eric at Tekton Designs has been battling two different reviewers who have posted measurements without his permission, using Klippel devices for their respective measurements.

It seems to me that if manufactures provide a simple smoothed out graph, consumers can see how much a speaker is editorializing with a frequency response that deviates from neutral.  

seanheis1

@seanheis1 Actually, Erin wrote to Eric to ask questions BEFORE he reviewed the speakers. So, Eric KNEW it was happening.

Erin was above board on this. 

So, we're back to needing permission before making public comment about a product.   Would love to have a list of those other companies that have threatened or instigated litigation over an unwanted audio review.

I think I've said what I have to say.

@botrytis I know this and even stated this. Please see my statement below.

in this specific case Erin did notify Eric that he was reviewing his product, to make sure he had the correct listening axis.

@mlsstl I didn't use the words "needing permission." You did...creating a strawman argument.

I wrote "didn't have permission" which is a fact and not a value judgement.  

"without his permission" was your wording, not mine, from the opening post.  You should wear it with pride!