Should we care if a piece of equipment comes from a pet-free, kid-free, smoke-free home?

I agree that I do not want a preamp or speaker coated with a film of smoke, but I am confused as to what a child or pet could do that would not be otherwise visible. You would see the cat scratches on the speaker grill, the dog chew marks on the rack, the iguana turds in the amplifier cooling vents. And what's a little dog hair among friends? As a 3 year old, I supposedly put my finger through my grandfather's new DIY speaker but I'm pretty sure he replaced the drivers so even that doesn't really matter. Most things will be visible and/or easily remedied.  Maybe the price will even be a little lower because of the cosmetics. If it doesn't mess with function, not a big deal to me.

What concerns me more is does it come from a drunk-free, drug-free home.  I think befuddled owners are far more worrisome than pets or children.

tcutter

Some seem to have had their sense of humor surgically removed. Lots of words though.

Suppose our humor center had been chirurgically removed but our brain works anyway....😊

And suppose a social context in ebullition which makes an opposition possible between 2 groups and suppose the alleged " joke" can go in 2 direction:

A) " i dont want gear coming from fascist home"

or

B) "i dont want gear coming from communist home"...

now because your brain work and not removed the "joke" choice A or B express more a political choice aiming at a group, a watchword, than a joke...What René Girard explained well as a designed victim scapegoating group CHOSEN .

Like the joke Goebbels was doing against communists in germany or the joke of Stalin against Nazis...

They can express humor only in a political context where others are of the same political ilk ...out of this context they are watchword or fuel throwed on a fire ...

Now the good news is that the doctor had replaced my humor sense today... You were right it has been removed ... 😁

I dont think this is a good joke in the time being ... It was a joke yes but a bad one...

My humor sense being chirurgically had been replaced now i concur with you : it was just a joke...You are right!...

A very bad one though sorry...

In the meantime search about the unknown Mandeville, a true genius creator of the social-economic modern manual ...You will learn something about communism and fascism techno-cults common roots and their continuation today in propaganda by big corporations ...😊

My humor center is replaced but it is a bad news dont work well continuously ... 😁 it is why there is too much words...

But René Girard and Mandeville are real geniuses we must read together...Thank me later if your working brain has not been removed ... 😉

@jbuhl I thought you were going to say the cat peed on the salamander rack. cat pee has got to be the foulest of all stenches, if not a cat turd.  😼

I never buy gear from migrant tribal people with camels due to all the sandy dust issues. Also, I can't deal with anybody who lives outdoors or owns ferrets.

I thought you were going to say the cat peed on the salamander rack. cat pee has got to be the foulest of all stenches, if not a cat turd.

@shtinkydog  ,  after I got laid off in '05 I went to nursing school and finished off my working-man career as a nurse; I can tell you that there are a lot worse stenches than cat excrement.