Simaudio Moon 250i Question

I’m considering the 250i and saw in the spec - “Class A” output to 5 watts for greater efficiency

But the spec also states - Low operating temperature for an ultra-long life expectancy.

You could cook an egg on my previous Luxman Class "A/B" amp

Currently I’m using a NAIM 5I (mk ii) and it operates at around room temperature even after hours of playing.

Does anyone have experience with the Simaudio MOON 250i ?
- does it get hot?
- or stay cool?

Does anyone have any feedback on "life expectancy" e.g. of other Moon products you’ve had them for 25 years with no problems.

Anyone know how the 250i compares to a NAIM 5i mk II ?
- on paper they look very similar

I purchased the NAIM because of it "Brand" and believed it to be a quality product, but only lasting ten years before having to have it repaired has left me with doubts, so I am wondering if the 250i might have a longer life.

I have read of Bryston amps lasting a very long 25+++ years time before repairs are required. And their service time is exceptional.

Thanks in advance for any feedback - Steve

williewonka
i don't know about 250i.but i know about the next level up 340i.very reasonable.no issues with temperature at all whatsoever.
even 340i has 5w of class A power
 I own the W5.3 SE power amp,also runs first 5 watts in class A. The thing never even gets warm pushing 3-4 ohm load. Love the amp and its been nothing but reliable.
@harry26 - I was at a MOON dealer today and he had the 240i inside a closed TV type of cabinet - it was quite warm to the touch, but not as warm as my old class A/B amp was

Is your amp in an open sided environment (e.g. a rack) or inside a cabinet?

Many Thanks - Steve