Spades vs. Banana plugs ??

What's your preference and why?

Spades or banana plugs?

mabonn

Wireworld’s BFA bananas are my favorite termination of all time. They are low-mass (which for some reason consistently sounds better), have great spring retention and fit snugly in any binding post. I am not a fan of most Wireworld products but I do love the performance of their factory-terminated speaker cables. 

If one must use spades, the Kimber Postmaster spades are probably the best option available. 

@mitch2   a group of audiophiles (known for believing something as small as a power line fuse makes a large sonic difference) choose utility over conductivity

Just how conductive is a loose silver connection? Or a corroded copper connection? You should see a stranded copper cable which is mostly terminated by copper sulphate.

@terry9 - The observation was not about allowing your connections to become corroded, which is never a good thing, but rather the irony that a group who mostly believe that every small detail can significantly impact the sound of a system would select less conductive connectors because they were easier to use, a generalization of course.  However, another example would be audiophiles who would never dream of using typical OFC (at about 101% IACS) copper cables instead of cables made from OCC copper (at about 103% IACS).  Would they use connectors made from an alloy that is only 40-60% as conductive as copper?

However, as @mammothguy54 pointed out, some are likely using all copper bananas, which are less common but available at a higher price.

@mitch2   I see that I misunderstood your post. I thought you were choosing theory over practicality - and a loose spade connector may not be detected as it gradually looses conductivity, leading to poorer sound over time.