Spatial Audio Raven Preamp

Spatial is supposed to be shipping the first "wave" from pre orders of this preamplifier in May, does anyone have one on order? Was hoping to hear about it from AXPONA but I guess they were not there. It's on my list for future possibilities. It seems to check all my boxes if I need a preamp.

128x128fthompson251

The Raven has delivered.  About to get it hooked up and do some listening. I'm not very good at describing audio playback, but I will do my best.  The preamp is absolutely beautiful!! My full system is below.

Lumin U1 Mini streamer

Audio Mirror Tubadour V DAC

Spatial Audio Raven preamp

D-Sonic m3a-1200s amp

DIY Gunned MMGs (have a set of the Caladans on order)

That’s great news!  What were you using for a preamp before that you will be comparing the sound to?

@jc4659 I was using Don Sachs preamp that had his last updates.  I sold it to partially fund the Raven purchase 

@terrapin77 

Yes, please let us know how the Raven mates with your system and your impressions.  It will help others get a data point on a new product that is finally reaching production after 2 years of development.  Spatial is starting to crank them out now.  They are all hand built and point to point wired and they do take time to build.  I believe they will have a 45 day return policy, with little or no restocking fee if you pay the shipping.  So I suppose one could try one relatively risk free.

I use one, and I find it is totally transparent, but I am totally biased:)

cheers,

Don

@donsachs Curious if you are using your pre with stock tubes or not.  I am expecting to receive my pre by the end of May but since I chose the cherry base perhaps a little longer. On one of the other forums someone who received their preamp commented "OMFG" upon first hearing it.  Waiting rather impatiently for the follow up.