Speaker recommendations 10 to 30k and no beryllium

Looking to upgrade from paradigm sigs8v2. Willing to buy new or used.  My room is 12x16x8 ft. Looking for floor standers. Trying to get away from beryllium in case of kids accidentally damage them.

Thanks.
smodtactical
Was searching myself in this price range and just placed an order for the Audiovector SR 6 ($25k). My room is much larger than yours and the Audiovector R 3 ($10k) may be sufficient. Definitely not for every taste and system but they are very fast, transparent and engaging. Can check out my comments here and I’ll update when I receive the speakers (probably several weeks away).
https://taww.co/post/190767431622/quick-take-audiovector-r3-sr6-arrete
Cheers,
TAWW

OP:

If you are in Ontario you can audition the Joseph Perspectives at Executive Stereo. 
And also at Fairview Hi Fi.
You definitely have to audition the ProAc K6.  I have had mine for 4 years (bird's eye grey, high gloss and no bullet holes) and they are absolutely superb.  I have the same size room as you.  I'm a member of a local audio club and just about every speaker imaginable is represented in our group including top end Focal, B&W, Vivids, Maggies, JBL, Dynaudio and DALI's.  Our members keep coming back to the K6's for best sound.  They are indifferent as to SS or tubes.  I have the Octave MRE 220's and the Jubilee Preamp.  They love all types of music.  I noticed that ProAc released an special edition K6.  Enjoy the hunt!