Speakers or Turntable upgrade

I've been bitten by the upgrade bug.  It's amazing how a small initial thought can snowball.  I found a Clearaudio MM cartridge I forgot I had.  It's been sitting in a drawer for 10 years due to upgrading the cartridge out of the box on my Clearaudio Concept TT.  My thought was to get a cheap TT to mount the cartridge for my office system.

That turned into finding a good deal on a Rega Planar 2 with an ND cartridge.  My other Turntable is a Rega Planar 3 with 2M Bronze.  The Planar 2 got sold which led me to a Planar 3 with an Exact 2, but I didn't want the same TT.  That led to looking at the Planar 6 and 8.  I came to the conclusion that the 6 wouldn't be a big enough jump so I'm looking at a Planar 8 with ND7.  Planar 8 would be my main rig and the Planar 3 would go to the office system.

I'm now looking at $3500 and started thinking if my money would be served better by upgrading my speakers instead.  Sorry for the meandering post.

My system:

Rega Planar 3, Rotel RC 150, Rotel RB-1080, HTPC with DAC.

Speakers: Paradigm Studio 100 v2.  and SVS SB3000 subwoofer

I listen to classic rock, new rock, 80's rock, and metal.  I listen at fairly robust volumes.

Am I better off sticking that money into speakers than upgrading my TT? 

mustangjeff

What kind of improvements are you looking for, and are you looking for new or used?

The Concept is on my basement setup.  I have a Dynavector 10x5 on it.  I was looking for a third table for my office setup

I'm not sure what I would get to replace the Paradigms.  Maybe a pair of Klipsch Forte IIIs?  I think a semi local deals has them for $3600 a pair.

for the type of music you listen to, and your budget, I would go with Mission, KLH , PSB, GoldenEar or Aperionaudio

You would get the best upgrade with the speaker upgrade studio 100 are very old design at this time and newer speakers will outperform them