Speakers that disappear

I once listened to some speakers where i was surprised by their disappearing act - I don't remember the brand - I think they were stand mounted. I am currently looking for speakers - not too big - and was hoping for recommendations - I know other components matter too but I understand some speakers are noted for this trait and some don't. I listen mostly to classical and vocals, lighter pop - no hard rock (I assume the Beatles and 60's count as "light" :) )  Speakers I have

Harbeth PS3ER XD,  

Martin Logan Stylos Speakers (wall mounted)
Aurum Cantus Leisure 2 Speakers, 

Enigma Speakers -   Enigma Oremus

Had Focal Aria 906

Thanks!  

ahal1

For $1500 the KLH Model 3's do this disappearing act as well as anyone of my 15 pr. of different speakers....and they're a FUN speaker to listen to with beautiful looks.....no sub needed.

In a way, size matters, too. The return of 70’s era wide baffle KLH, JBL, Wharfedale and Mission mid-fi speakers to popularity has as much to with the way they are engineered around the baffle step as it does with their nostalgic warmth and appearance IMO. My Wharefdale Lintons are not fatiguing and very musical for affordable money. As others have shared, it took a while to use a combination of positioning, hardware and settings to deliver a nice invisible soundstage, but they got there. I think a big part of “invisible” is in the midrange, if voices and the tones of acoustic instruments are clear and natural, the source sounds less obvious to my decidedly non-golden ears. 

The Lintons dip down to just under 4 ohms and are rated at 6 ohms, so they like current but they are very natural up to a point just short of rattling our 1924 bungalow’s vintage window sashes LOL.

If your P3 doesn’t disappear then you should be lookin’ for other components. I’ve owned that speaker and it disappeared better than the larger Harbeths and other larger speakers that I have owned!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqFIaiPT_kY

+1 for the Maggie 3.7i with a Rogue Cronus iii Dark and a pair of subs, but also agree they are tall and will never disappear visually unless you listen with your eyes closed. 🙈