Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I owned and lived with my Vonschweikert VR-7’s for 19 years..
Then I downsized and gave up my dedicated audio room.. I had to let the VR7’s go ...  They were just too big for my new room..
I went for a mid tower that is efficient so I could play with some low powered amps. I now am using the Daedalus Athena with a First Watt SIT3 amp.  Not missing the BIG VR’s anymore. the Daedalus are much easier to setup and live with.. Not as majestic, but I sure am liking the SET like sound and less complexity and heat of tubes..  Enjoying a more minimalist system.
I've enjoyed my Focal Sopra No2's since they first arrived in the USA and am thinking that they might be my last.
Vandersteen Quatro's will most probably be my last set of speakers. I can't afford anything more and the Quatro CT's bass set up is NEEDED in my room as it's difficult.  Best sounding speaker I've had in the house to date.  Wish I could afford the new Kénto's, lol....