squeezebox and home network

From reading about Squeezebox, it seems such a good idea. However, my computer knowledge is very limited and I hope fellow Audiogoners can help me out a bit.

My home is a recently constructed and it is wired with Cat-5 cable and I can see wall plugs in every room where I can plug in a network cable. The sales manager told me that I can set up a network down in the basement where the cable and telephone wire come in.

If that’s the case, ie, I set up the network and any computer plugged into the wall can join the network, then I can just use Squeezebox Ethernet connection rather than the wireless connection, right? Would that improve sound quality somewhat?

Also, if I rip cd and store them on a hard drive, using EAC, no compression, what’s the size of the hard drive I need to have , say per 200 cd.

Thanks
ddl24
John Atkinson said comparing the SB and Ayre C-5xe both feeding a ML DAC :

"Perhaps there was an increased sense of authority to the sound of the CD on the Ayre used as a transport, a better sense of extended low frequencies"

Perhaps the Ayre C-5xe is not that great when used as a transport, or maybe the differences would be larger.
Or maybe digital coming off a hard drive is as good as any transport. I'm not saying that's so, but I wonder if it could be.

The comparison I'd like JA to also make is the SB to ML vs. the Ayre as CDP. That is largely a comparison of the two DACs, but I think it would shed some light on things. And as I've said before, if only Ayre had included a digital input in the C-5xe.
This is going to be my next project. Do you mind I email you few questions if I run into some issues? Thanks.

Rich
Edesilva, thanks for your advise again. The above thread was meant to ask you if I can email you if I ran into some issues. Thanks.
Drubin-

Thanks for your gracious offer.
Email sent.

I have a new SB3 modded with battery power by Redwine Audio and am interested to here what JA has to say about the stock version.