squeezebox and home network

From reading about Squeezebox, it seems such a good idea. However, my computer knowledge is very limited and I hope fellow Audiogoners can help me out a bit.

My home is a recently constructed and it is wired with Cat-5 cable and I can see wall plugs in every room where I can plug in a network cable. The sales manager told me that I can set up a network down in the basement where the cable and telephone wire come in.

If that’s the case, ie, I set up the network and any computer plugged into the wall can join the network, then I can just use Squeezebox Ethernet connection rather than the wireless connection, right? Would that improve sound quality somewhat?

Also, if I rip cd and store them on a hard drive, using EAC, no compression, what’s the size of the hard drive I need to have , say per 200 cd.

Thanks
ddl24
Or maybe digital coming off a hard drive is as good as any transport. I'm not saying that's so, but I wonder if it could be.

The comparison I'd like JA to also make is the SB to ML vs. the Ayre as CDP. That is largely a comparison of the two DACs, but I think it would shed some light on things. And as I've said before, if only Ayre had included a digital input in the C-5xe.
This is going to be my next project. Do you mind I email you few questions if I run into some issues? Thanks.

Rich
Edesilva, thanks for your advise again. The above thread was meant to ask you if I can email you if I ran into some issues. Thanks.
Drubin-

Thanks for your gracious offer.
Email sent.

I have a new SB3 modded with battery power by Redwine Audio and am interested to here what JA has to say about the stock version.
Rich-

No problem. Spent enough time beating my head against these things and am happy to help smooth the way for anyone trying to do the same thing... Think the A'gon private email typically gets through fairly well, and I can respond to you after that directly...

Eric