Start with Upgrade to DAC?

I am ready to set out on an upgrade cycle to my system, which consists of the following, over the next couple of years:

* Rogue Audio RP-7 Preamp (Upgrades: Rogue RP-9 or McIntosh C2800--C2800 includes Phono preamp and DAC)

* Odyssey Kismet Monobloc Amplifiers (Keepers!)

* Lounge Audio LCR Gold phono preamp (Keeper!)

* Fyne Audio F-702 Speakers (Keepers!)

* Definitive Tech Supercube 6000 (Vandersteen Sub Three or Paradigm XR11)

* Schiit Bifrost 2/64 DAC (Schiit Yggydraseil or ????)

* NAD C568 CD Player used as transport (Schiit Urd or ???)

* iFi Zen Stream

*iPad Pro for Apple Music

* Ice Age Audio OFC Power Cords

* Audioquest and mostly Morrow Interconnects (RCA & XLR)

* Performance Audio Speaker Cables, using Mogami W3104 Speaker Wire

I am thinking that perhaps the best place to start would be the DAC, with the idea of moving from the Bifrost 2/64, which I like, to the Yggdrasil (model TBD) DAC, which has gotten superb reviews that speak to sound quality characteristics that are of concern to me.  Budget for DAC upgrade is about $2500.  OR, should I go for room correction capability?

I recently replaced a highly-rated 100 wpc tube amplifier with the Odyssey mono blocs, and I was stunned by the improvement in sound quality, definition, and imaging, but I think there still is some room for improvement.

Thoughts and recommendations most welcome.

mike4597

mdalton

when was the last time you got laid? ... bottom line: i feel confident in my views, my logic, and my behavior.

Of course you’re confident!

soix

@mdalton If you think that your view that all streamers sound the same is in the mainstream you are seriously delusional.

It’s obvious the guy has a problem, @soix.

WOW.  Did I set off a storm!

I appreciate all the advice guys (and gals if any are involved).  Being quite pleased with the Schiit Bifrost 2/64, I queried Schiit as to whether I would be able to detect a significant difference between the Bifrost and the Yggdrasil, and their surprising answer was "no."  So, based on what I have read here, I am going to start by replacing my streamer and going to either Tidal or Qobuz  (I need to check them both out).  One key criteria I have in my purchases now is to avoid buying things from the PRC; that is not to say they don't make some good stuff, but having spent nearly four decades as an Intelligence officer, I see China preparing for war in the Pacific, and I don't want to contribute--via taxes on their companies--to the Chinese military in any way.  Having said that, I realize that such a position radically constrains my choices in a streamer.  One brand I have found is Innuous, which makes their streamers in Portugal.  Given that my budget is around $3Kto $4K for a streamer, I am thinking of the Zen MkIII, which can rip CDs and has a linear power supply.  The Pro-Ject S2 Ultra has some ambiguous reviews, so I eliminated that. Are there other non-PRC options out there?  

As for the streaming service, I like convenience, so between Tidal and Qobuz, is one more convenient to use than the other?

Finally, thanks to all who commented, and I can see that there are those who are even a bit more passionate than me about this business of getting the best music reproduction possible within certain financial constraints.  )Fortunately, we live in a still free country, and people are entitled to their own opinions.)  I think I am pretty close to what I can achieve within my financial limits.  Thanks again ... to all who commented.

Post removed 

@mike4597 you’re on the right track with replacing the streamer. As to non-PRC options, Aurender is awesome. If you don’t need Roon, a used Aurender N10 is going to be amazing.