Streamer? Aurender's "caching streaming" ? how important is this feature?

seeking to get into a higher end streamer and trying to understand how important "caching" is and who else offers this feature other than Aurender?

audiocanada

Aurender isn't the only manufacture using a cache.  

Less expensive streamers don't use a cache.  I had one I really liked for $300, I think $400 retail.

I upgraded to a $4500 streamer (not aurender) with a large cache.  It was a slight improvement.  

The cache allows the file to be played from memory rather than as it streams so that the streamer has full control of the playback.

Jerry

what did you get?

which streamer brands have this feature?

i don't see the terminolgy on the sites from others like innous and aurulic

I highly recommend Aurender for their excellent sound quality for the money. That is all they do is streaming. I own two after a very exhaustive search.

@audiocanada I’ve posted a lot on the forums lately in response to people’s inquiries on Aurender, and hopefully people aren’t getting tired of me. In transparency, I am also an Aurender dealer, always happy to work with folks. 

To add to Carlsbad on SSD caching committing files to memory, it’s not just about giving the streamer full control, but also has much to do with noise reduction. The 240GB NvME SSD drive inside the unit is lodged into the board, so there is no wiring between it and the remainder of the hardware. It is also very fast since files are committed to memory, so in combination with the great clocks Aurender provides, the sampling/timing is much more “in focus” than playing it straight from the internet. Think of it like your computer’s RAM, and just like current is important with any amplifier, instantaneous access and delivery is crucial for stellar digital audio.