Sublime Acoustic K231 Stereo 3-Way Active Crossover w/ REL subwoofers

Is there anyone out there using one of these passive crossovers with their REL’s? If so, which cables are you running from the unit to the REL’s?

128x128drummer808

I ran the K231 for a couple years, not with REL subs though..JL and HSU. I ran rca interconnects (20ft) with no noticable issues. 

Do you run everything from the unbalanced RCA in and outs or, both, balanced 1/4” and unbalanced RCA’s. The manual says that “The diagrams show both balanced and unbalanced connections, but for each channel you should use only one or the other."

My REL’s only have RCA inputs but it doesn’t make sense to use a balanced XLR cable with adapters, or have a custom cables made up with 1/4” TRS-style connectors on one end and RCA’s on the other.

Think subs you'll be fine. I split the signal out of the preamp. One to the active XO and one to the other speaker amps. I use Behringer, First Watt, and two valve active crossovers. They are all a little different. BUT I only have two active XO that are good enough for mids and HF drivers. They are are made by STL and First Watt. I made a good HF Active.. It wasn't to hard..

The 1/4", RCA, XLR or anything else should work plugging into the REL with an adaptor. What you do have to be careful with is wiring a REL to a Class D speaker terminals, there is a proper way to do it. REL says it will harm their amp. Not yours.

I'm not a fan of using speaker cables to power subs. There is to many great ways other than that and the convoluted wiring crap REL folks have to go through. I REALY don't know why. LOL As you can tell I'm not a REAL fan..

Nice paint though..

BTW I have a DIY repair for the decoupling issue.. 50.00 or so.. Or a gallon bucket of super glue that works too.

I ran everything rca, input from preamp to xover rca, and rca out to amp and sub. Ive never used the 1/4 balanced type cables.

Thanks everyone. I wanted to use my existing balanced XLR interconnects, so I ordered 1/4” TRS to XLR adapters, but they did not fit on the unit plugged in side-by-side. So, I had Wayne at Blue Jeans Cable make me short jumper adapter cables instead. I also had Wayne put together RCA subwoofer cables for my REL’s. I don’t notice any issues using the balanced section of the K231 for my In’s and Mid/Hi outs and the unbalanced section for my REL subwoofers.