Suggestions for a DAC/Streamer to replace BlueOS Node Streamer

First of all I’m not a “hifi nut” and not looking to replace any other gear, cables, power supplies, conditioners etc. Music is just one hobby. I stream Apple music via Apple play; that’s it (replaced Quboz with Apple for several reasons). My 2 channel gear is the said Node, an MC2700, an MC462 and a pair of BW 801D4. I have a CD collection that was ripped and resides on an SSD drive connected to the Node. A rarely used source. I have a Magnum Dynlab FM tuner for the occasional radio listening so don’t need a digital radio signal. I don’t use headphones. There seem to be “good/great/fantastic” DACs out anywhere from ~ $500 to 5K+. Seems like I’d benefit from replacing the NODE with something complementary to my existing gear to improve the sound presented to my ears. I’d appreciate some suggestions. 

Surjio

sengha

I upgraded from an early BluOS Node to an eversolo to a NAD M33, which also uses the BluOS, so no need to learn another app. Used M33s are around $3500 on ebay. Thats an all-in-one device. You can also plug that SSD into the M33. 

Spending big on the Eversolo master or A8 is foolish , terrible support.  Real amateur software development at Zidoo / Eversolo.   Cumulative updates should include all revisions prior.  

Not cool to have a perfectly good working product and hobble it with botched firmware .   I believe USB out is important whether you use it or not.   Don't take away features!!!!   Every update seems to negativity affect a feature or omits something.   

I was initially impressed but have lost all confidence that they will correct issues.  

I think Bluesound is still the best streaming platform. Dollar for dollar, it is the best value in streaming.  No company will ever have the resources that Lenbrook has. 

It's all about software. FW, and gui in the streamer category.   Is Bluesound perfect? No , there are occasional problems but in my experience rare and quickly corrected

@sgnevling Well well well! Thank you for that pointer!  Looks like I am already doing what seems best with what I have. I have an optical out from the Node into the C2700 DA2.  According to the BlueOS website this bypasses the Node DAC. I am very pleased with what I hear with what’s on my USB connected to the Node. 

I guess I should cancel my Cambridge Order as the Node app suits my current needs and I’m only using it as a streamer? 

@toro3 I will try Tidal. Thanks for the suggestion.

I upgraded from node to Cambridge Cxn v2. I only use the streamer portion to mainly stream tidal. The soundstage and holographic effect of Cambridge made a huge difference. I've seen reviews on new Cambridge 100 that says it's better sounding than the one I have.