Suggestions on Ethernet cables for Accuphase digital separates..

I have a quick question that hopefully the members here can help me with. I recently purchased the Accuphase separates DC 1000 and DP 1000 and the DAC and Transport are connected by an ethernet cable.  A J45 if I have that correct, is the standard connection for this application. I would appreciate if any members here who own these pieces have upgraded this cable connection and what cable they went to and why. Thank you in advance.....      

garebear

garebear

Nice score! on those Accuphase separates. I am interested in reading more about your System. Staying tuned on the Ethernet cable choice as well.

Happy Listening!

.......but here is where the confusion lies at least for me. I see where Shunyata has the Omega which is their top of the line Ethernet cable for $3,000 and that is a CAT6 cable made with silver wires and a Telegartner connection. Cardas has a CAT7 cable with their 8awg copper wires also with a Telegartner connection for $300. Then there is Purist Audio with a CAT7 cable that is also made of silver but has a GG45 TELA connection and from what I have read is cot compatible with J45 connection for $360. Siltech has their Royal Crown Network cable for $4,000 that is also their silver and don't know their connection Can't believe that I am not confused over purchasing an Ethernet cable.  

@garebear the purpose the cable will serve in your setup is an interface between an SACD transport and a DAC.
1. It’s most likely a really short run.
2. You don’t have to deal with garbage associated with routers, switches and the wall wart power supplies that inject noise. Your connection is actually as clean as it can be.

Cat6, 7 or 8 should all be compatible. Comes down to how much you’re looking to spend to stop wondering if you could have done better. And if you hear a significant difference between the $360 Purist and a $3,000 Shunyata.

Also, from what I’m reading, GG45 connectors are comparable with RJ45.