Switched From Tubes To SS???Glad You Did???

As the title says I'm looking for those who have changed from Tube Front Ends to SS(especially mid level gear)& am wondering if you've been happy with the change,what if anything you miss about tubes & what you've gained by switching to SS.Thanks guys,take care.
freediver
I suppose I should be more succinct in my description of tube swapping benefits...I meant it changes the SOUND. I think replacing the 6550s in my amp with KT120s made it snappier...although I'm not sure, but I am sure I'm not interested in it sounding like a solid state amp particularly. It did make me feel better so there's that.
Hi Wolf,
I think what you said was fine, and I agree that different tube sets will change the sound of your amplifier. I was just trying to expand on your post by adding that the right tube swap can actually result in a remarkable, across the board, improvement in your amp’s performance.
Just got my (2nd) Linn Classik as a back up for when tubes go out. Good sound and versatile, but no way I'll go back to SS. It just can't compare even though it sounds good to me...just not nearly as good.
Even though I like the Linn Classik it has made me realize that I've been right all along. Speakers are NOT the final answer for producing great sound. Important, but upstream is even more important.