Synergistic Research Orange Fuse

I have purchased this fuse for my line stage and power amp with great results.  I would like to purchase another for my integrated Tube amp, however, this amp calls for 15A and SR only has a 16A fuse.  Will this cause damage to my tube amp if I replace the fuse with a higher rated fuse?  Thanks for any help.
dhart86

I’ve also blown some, which never happened with standard fuses. So they seem to be less than stated amperage.
Good old trusty "fuser" couldn’t help himself. Went for nearly 3hrs with nil posts before they just had to answer.
BTW: That must really make them super dooper special fuses when they blow so easy.

I bet if you paint that orange fuse green it will be more eco-friendly - and sound better!
That’ll be the new "Green" one "coming to a store near you", after they unloaded all the remaining Orange ones onto the gullible with their buy two and get a third one free deal.
That’s $520!!!! for three fuses!!! and you only have to pay $360!!! that’s an insane bargain for three fuses.
TOTAL VOODOO SNAKE OIL!!!!!!!!

Cheers George
This is a serious question. Why does the SR guy replace BLOWN fuses for no charge? I wouldn’t. NO MATTER the reason.

Rule of acquisition #1. Once you get their money you NEVER give it back.

Why a fuse? The ONE ware part that is made to fail.
Why replace it FREE? I’m VERY frugal. WHY WHY WHY WHY?

I know the answer, NOW.. I just don’t like it (the answer).

(the answer to why) I’d say the packaging is more expensive than the actual fuses and the number of coats of graphene paste, cost...

2 black 2 blues 2 oranges, FREE.. NO CHARGE, from a friend
so I could check them out. He told me not to worry, the SR guy would replace them if they blow. My head went sideways... Yup.. Sideways..

WHY No charge? FREE?

Do they make a difference in sound? Yup, The orange did. The blue kinda, and the black not at all. My ACME with my paste was as good as either black or blue, but not the orange. I painted on two more coats of my goop.. LOL.. get the picture... It’s not snake oil, it’s snake paste..
My total cost, 12 dollars a fuse.. 20 hours to settle, and DON’T touch the fuse and wipe the goop off. Good advise..Don't move it after it's settled, you might have to repaint it..

THAT what I don't like when I put the paste on ICs.. Move the friggin cable and the sound goes wonky.  I wiped it off of the ICs for that reason.. Much better without...

I believe in REAL Magic... :-)

Regards

“None of mine are exact, all are higher value, some 2x. I’ve also blown some, which never happened with standard fuses. So they seem to be less than stated amperage”

Why build a fuse that’s not up to the spec and charge crazy money? After blowing couple of SR Black fuses, I did not bother with them. The dealer graciously offered to replace blown fuses and suggested to go 25% in higher value....I said, no thank you.

To the OP, if you like the sound of Orange Fuses, try HiFi Tuning SUPREME Au/Ag Audiophile Fuses. They are built to the spec and much more reliable than SR fuses.
Post removed