Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Does anyone listen to large scale orchestral music with DI?
Could anyone share his/her opinion on DI's performance on Mahler, Wagner, Verdi?
Thanks in advance.

Hey wschee,

I do.  The DI's just scale up regarding macro-dynamics and to the size of the acoustic space where the music was recorded.
This thread just gets better and better all the time. Great to see so many enjoying their DI's. 

Looking forward to teajays review of the Ulfberhts. Something tells me they are very special speakers.

Kenny and Corelli, the ZOTL 40 would be a great amp for you to consider. The Berning design blends the best of tubes and SS sound. They are very fast, dynamic with lots of punch along with providing great tone, sweet mids and realism.......and they can be bridged into mono blocks to provide even more power if needed. Just a thought. Oh......self biasing and very long tube life also. I believe Lancelock tried his ZOTL 40 with his DI's, along with teajay. They could offer their impressions of them together and compare their sound with the many fine SS amps they've used.

One thing I've found with the LTA gear is that they provide such a pitch black, dead silent background that it doesn't take as many decibels to make it sound loud. With the MZ2 alone I usually listen at sound levels of about 65-70 db's which leaves me close to 40 db of headroom. For 95% of my listening that suffices but I'll be adding an amp for that extra 5%......and hopefully it will make the other 95% sound better too! 
Mac,

I have been using my Zotl 40 for almost 2 months now with great results,I use Mullard Xf2's and Amperex type 1 bugle boys for the drivers.

Wschee,
I occasionally listen to large scale orchestra music with my DI's and they produce a very believable sound in all aspects.They will need some pwr and most Set tube amps are not enough for me.

Kenny.
There are so many speakers out there that I'm not sure anyone can make a definitive statement, but just speaking for myself, I have not heard a $3000 speaker that is as good as the DI. As a matter of fact, like many on this list have said, I think the DI is better than most speakers I have heard at any price. I have no idea if the Ulf will have the same value proposition, but I am willing to bet that it sounds better than almost anything at it's price point. If the mini Ulf is close to the Ulf, that price/performance ratio is going to be hard to beat.