Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Thanks for sharing teajay. Sounds exciting. Would you or Ezra ( or anyone else here) have any idea on where to purchase the Golden Dragons? I could find Shuguang Treasure KT 88 and out of England some Golden Dragon KT 88 Retro.....not sure if they're Shuguang though. Thanks
Hey mac48025,

Ezra had gotten these tubes about 5 to 7 years ago.  I don't know if Shuguag still even makes this version.  I'll try to find out.  

I believe if my memory is correct the golden dragon kt-88 was made by the JSC Svetlana company in Russia and was actually a 6550 retro tube of the original Gec.This company also made several Dht tubes such as 2a3,300b,350b,211,845 and more starting in 1992.

They also made a limited selection of 9 pin small signal tubes that were well thought of at the time.
Most of these are very hard to come by now but not completely impossible to find.

Kenny.
Hey Guys,

I was just sharing with Mike Kay (Audio Archon) what magic I was hearing all day long with these Shuguag KT-88 tubes in the AricAudio SET amplifier driving the Ulf's.  It dawned on me during our conversation the best way to explain what I was hearing was that if the Micro-ZOTL, used as an integrated amplifier, put out ten watts per channel instead of two that's what the combo of the Micro-ZOTL and this amplifier sounds like!

Just a quick update for those that ordered Electrons. Tekton is still waiting for 8" woofers to arrive hopefully tomorrow and Eric apparently is still tweaking. I was told another 2 more weeks. I ordered them 3 weeks ago. Can’t wait to hear them. Peace out!