Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
gwng8

60 posts

perhaps i missed it but what is the difference between the regular and SE versions?

@gwng8 Eric is famous for his lack of detail on the website, upgraded drivers.  That's about it!  Reach out to him, give him a call, it's the only way to get answers.  Never understood that, he wouldn't be so overloaded with emails and phone calls if he just explained himself a bit on the website.

I have regular ole DI's, I posted my review of them on here a few months back.  They are great speakers.

i have reached out, waiting for a response....i imagine he is very busy.  But yes some more details on the website would certainly go a long way with respect to the decision making process.

@gwng8 As noted on the website, all the drivers are "upgraded".  The woofers go from Eminence A's to the B's.  And so on with the other drivers.  Larger magnets on the on all the paper cone drivers.  The upgraded crossover is standard on the SE's. That's about it.

But what does it really matter.  The question is how do they sound?  Buried in this thread is commentary by owners who lived with both models.  Don't assume the SE will clearly outperform the base DI in all situations. 

Eric rarely responds to emails.  It's a miracle he can even take any calls. No doubt he will be multi-tasking if you get a hold of him. Try a Saturday am.  Research things on the web. 

I own the base DI's and have never felt the need to upgrade--a great speaker.  I also have the Electron SE's in another system.  Amazing full range speaker in a smaller format. I suspect the jump from the Electron to the SE is a larger measure of improvement compared to the DI to the SE.  Both of my speakers share many commonalities--full range performance, wonderful smooth and detailed voicing, and the ability to create a large soundstage in three dimensions.  Hard to go wrong with the majority of Eric's speakers.

thanks 114 pages is a bit to sift through to find everything, but I'm getting through them.  You are correct upgraded doesn't necessarily mean better, just was curious what comes with the upgrade, especially considering the SE's are on sale right now.

Post removed