The correct internal-inductance of Windfeld cart.?

What (on earth) is the correct internal-inductance of the Ortofon Peer Windfeld cartridge?

They made a mistake in the brochure about the loading impedance: it says >10k but should read >10 ohms. This was admitted by the factory's techies.

The brochure also says internal-inductance: 700 mH !!!
This you would expect from an MM cart. Was this also a factor 1 000 error? I can not find ANY help on the web to clear this up. Can any one help?
axelwahl
I really think it's quite interesting and unexpected (to me) that with pre-loading of a SUT, the optimal impedance for the PW seems to be about 10 ohms net, whereas, as you say, without the SUT the PW seems to like 500 to 1000 ohms net. I am not close-minded about using a SUT; this is the first report that suggests there could be an advantage notwithstanding any need for extra gain.
I think Axel is spot on with his comments and approach. I'm not quite sure I follow his distinction between "current" and "voltage mode" but maybe that is best for a different thread.

Lewm wrote:

I don't know of anyone else who uses a SUT and loads the cartridge on the primary side.

I covered this in a short thread back in november which can be found here

dave
Thanks very much, Dave. I bookmarked that thread for future reference. But in your experience with primary vs secondary loading does it often occur that the optimal net load for a given cartridge, when you load the primary of the SUT, is radically different from its optimal loading when there is NO SUT or when the load is in the SUT secondary? I can see how that could happen due to introduction of the SUT, thanks to the post you cited.
Hey Lew,

In a perfect world, The SUT would be ideal and hence invisible to the cartridge and all loads of equal value would sound the same. Experiences Like Axel's just show how far from ideal transformers really are. I do not think any sweeping generalizations can be safely made about loading with SUT's since in the real world so many parameters come into play. I do think they sound far better but as usual in this hobby, "better" is subjective and often comes with its own set of baggage.

dave
I learned something. To paraphrase Gertrude Stein, a SUT is not a SUT is not a SUT.