The NAD M33 will cancel your complaints about Class D

There are many reasons to like one type of sound over another. Even among what are considered very good amplifiers there’s a broad range of tastes and preferences among audiophiles. Just ask a SET aficionado!

However, no class is more maligned, inappropriately, than Class D. To hear some regulars tell it, Class D sound will thin your blood, make your teeth fall out and ruin your enjoyment of just about everything because it sounds so (fill in a lot of tropes from the 1980’s here).

I’ve been listening to NAD’s prior collaboration with Bruno Putzy and I can tell with some confidence that none of those tired old tropes apply. For reasons related much more to tonal balance than anything else, I’m sticking with Class A/B in my main system, but with the introduction of the next gen Anthem AVR receivers and the NAD M33 I may be making the switch back to class D.

You don’t have to like the M33 or the Anthem’s but can we at least agree that it’s time to retire the old guard of reasons not to buy Class D? Lets lay those poor phantoms to rest.
erik_squires
I haven't loved my time with class d (lyngdorf tdai-3400), but you've got to keep an open mind. I'd be interested in hearing these, as well as the AGD class d designs: https://agdproduction.com/.

Always a shame when people disparage products they haven't heard. 

Hi jarogers.  
Thank you for your comments.  I have Spatial Audio Lumina 2s driven by an Esoteric A-100 amp and MSB platinum lV DAC.  I have been very interested in the NAD M33 due to the simplicity of it all.  Do you use the Dirac room correction?  If so, did it make a significant difference in your system?  Have you been able to compare the NAD directly with any of the aforementioned amplifiers (McIntosh/Audio Research)?
Thank you again for your posts.
I signed up on this site specifically to comment on the M33.  I bought one used around a month ago, and I absolutely love it.  I'm reading a lot of comments here from people who have likely never heard one, which always makes me smile.  I am using the M33 with Paradigm Prestige 95F speakers in my home office measuring around 15ft x 25ft.  My previous amp was a Yamaha A-S2100 with a Sony HAPS1 Hi Res DAC as the source. I prefer the NAD for it's simplistic one box solution, features and yes, sound!
The M33 produces an amazing level of detail and clarity I have never heard before, but not bright at all...just very revealing. Also, I was hugely surprised by how good the phono pre-amp is!  I was worried that the NAD would mess things up converting an analog signal to digital and then back to analog again...seemed like a pointless exercise.  Well, all I can say is my Music Hall MMF7 with Goldring Eroica H moving coil cartridge has never sounded better.
Although I can stream my music catalogue from my PC to the M33 using BluOs I don't like to always have to have the computer on.  I downloaded my hi-res music collection to a 128GB USB stick and I just leave that plugged into the back of the M33, works great!  For streaming I still use Spotify as I have a family account for the kids, and then Radio paradise for some higher quality files, but truth be told the Spotify Premium sounds pretty decent through the M33 DAC.
The M33 is a well sorted integrated and really fits the bill as the high end, one box solution I was looking for to complete my minimalist setup.  I think some of you guys need to stop geeking out on the Class D versus A or AB debate and just take a listen.  I'm one happy camper!

Lots of great class d besides those. I understand everyone has their personal preferences and different gear gels differently with others. but anyone who just totally disses Class D as not worthy categorically loses credibility with me instantly  and probably many  others as well who just happen to know better from experience and have better things to do than argue. 
m33 is very good, but short of ’great’ in terms of sound quality - though clearly improved over the abysmal prior gen nad class d amps

functionally it does alot, tremendous feature set in one box, for sure, and is a good value given that, even though it is not cheap by any means

manage your expectations for tip top sound quality and you should be very very happy