The very best sound: Direct to Disc

Since I got a new cartridge (Clear Audio Virtuoso) i’ve rediscovered the Sheffield and RR Direct Disc albums in my collection.  
Wow! they put everything else to shame.  I picked up about twenty Sheffield D2D’s when Tower Records went out of business for a song (no pun intended.) I’m just now listening to them and find there’s nothing that sonically compares.  They’re just more real sounding than anything else.  Not spectacular but realistic.   
128x128rvpiano
I think if I had to choose between paying $300 for a D/D or seeing the Artists  live ,I would go see it LIVE.
One of the best sounding D2D recordings I have heard is a recent one of my Canadian friend:
https://www.annebisson.com/en/product/four-seasons-in-jazz-live-at-bernies-2/
Recorded at Bernie Grundman Studios in LA.
I have serial # 2277 and 2274 available  for $ 100 USD including shipping.
info@americanhifi.com
Keltner is playing "jazz" on his solo .... multiple, multiple rythmic and sonic variations on a simple (in this case) rythmic underlay ... both stated and danced around.  Tutt is simply doing what drummers usually do while trying to show off .... all kinds of "sound effects".  You may not think of it that way, but that is why Keltner is so often preferred.
@bdp24  : """  I said many d-2-d’s are tepid, not all of them.  ""

Well, for me makes no sense at all your statement due that all recorded artist were/are professionals ( not roockies/amateur. ) whom play at live events many times in their lifes and a live event is D2D event.

You said " many D-2-D " and only to be congruent with your statement at least let us know 2-3 " tepid " recordings of those " many " you talk about. Could you? Please no " dead silence ".

Thank's in advance.

R.