Thiel 2.3 vs 2.4

I have 3.5's and love the deep bass.
I am tempted though to go with a newer and more modern speaker.
Im seeing some good deals on the 2.3's and Im wondering how much of a difference there is between the 2.3's and 2.4's
I have heard the 2.4's at Thiel and they are an incredible speaker!
I have become a devoted Thiel fan so please no other speaker recommendations.
My main concern is losing the deep bass of the 3.5's.
I understand the 2.3's only go down to 36hz or so.
Thanks in advance!
david99
how then did other dealers move them?

We think (a collective answer of the staff through research) that those dealers carried speakers of equal of lesser quality to the Thiels. We on the other hand offerred a vastly superior speaker which would not let people circle back to the Thiel.

In fact we aksed how certain dealers did and the most successful dealers had weaker speakers than Thiel at that price range. I never said Thiel was the worst speaker. Also like our Levinson sales people just bought them without listening. Thiel had such a powerful marketing that people wanted to listen to them as a reference, then go look at other speakers. Dude I'm exhausted, I could write a research paper on this. Like I said the thought we put into making this work for us was immense and sincere.

We had much better speakers to offer and people bought them. That's why they didn't sell.
CINEMATIC
Again let me tell you how refreshing it is to hear(read) your words.You stick by your opinion despite the avalanche of reviewers.I too have heard most of the speakers you mention and agree with your assesments. In particular the 7.2 comment was right on. Audio is alot like wine tasting. People tend to collect and drink the wines others (critics) like. They also tend to use price as a gauge of quality. It's amazing how blind tasting will change peoples opinions. You take away their expectations and they are forced to decide for themselves if they really like the wine or not. If you like it then it is worth what you are willing to pay for it. All these critics, and the assumption that well known" manufacturers" really know better , has retarded my ability to learn what I really like for myself. I took me years to stumble on to my Wilson Benesch Chimeras because of them. I have never read a review of them but to my ears they were best for me.Trust no one,doubt everything. The audio world is full of pseudoscience and tons of people trying to get you to believe that that California Cabernet really is worth $800 because they say it is.
David my attempt here was not to beat you into submission, but more to make you understand all of the experience and thought that went into my original comment.

Let me state clearly, you may love the CS2.3's and you should listen to them.

McTeague loves his and many others do too.

But now you have about 20% of my experience with the speaker and all of this going on and on I hope helps you find the right speaker that you can keep for as long as your 3.5's.

Thanks Everyone who participated and commented
Happy New year
Cinematic-
You didnt beat me into submission.
I just saw this thread as getting no where.
Besides,you said "dude,Im exhausted" so I figured I'd give ya a break!
Hey,there's a Thiel 7.2 thread just started.
Rest up and see ya there!!!