Thiel 2.3 vs 2.4

I have 3.5's and love the deep bass.
I am tempted though to go with a newer and more modern speaker.
Im seeing some good deals on the 2.3's and Im wondering how much of a difference there is between the 2.3's and 2.4's
I have heard the 2.4's at Thiel and they are an incredible speaker!
I have become a devoted Thiel fan so please no other speaker recommendations.
My main concern is losing the deep bass of the 3.5's.
I understand the 2.3's only go down to 36hz or so.
Thanks in advance!
david99
Have any of you 2.4 owners listened to the current Merlin VSM speakers and, if so can you make a comment of two on the sound character difference? Not which is better mind you, because I am sure they are both excellent, but just the perspective or character differences in the sound.

I have owned several Thiel speakers over the years (though not the 2.4) and am trying to decide what to go with next.

Drubin,

If you have Thiel speakers then you would get the PX02. It is a passive crossover for two channel ($600.00). The PX05 is for five channel.

If you do not have Thiel speakers then you will need the Integrator (I believe $5,000.00).

David99,

I went to Ky in the fall and it was beautiful. I was scheduled to meet Sheri who had the CS7.2 set up for me with the Krell FPB 700cx. I was on a tight schedule and had to be in Bowling Green, Ky at the same time to pick up my other toy.
I have a pair of 1.6's and they keep sounding better as I get more playing time on them... however, after having them for only 4 months, all I can think about is getting 2.4's. TAS in their December '04 issue, rates them a best buy... I think the only other speakers I'd look at other than the Thiel 2.4 is either Von Schweikert VR4jr or Sonus Faber Grand Pianos (love the warmth and bass that lack from my 1.6's)...
If you get 2.4's, you might want to hang onto your 1.6's for a while before you sell them. I own 2.4's and, while they are very good, they did not turn out to be quite what I had hoped for, which was the 1.6 with more bass.
has anyone heard the ss1 yet? i have the cs1.6's and as drubin said i'd just like the 1.6 with more bass. i have a 22' x 15' listening room with downstairs neighbours (and suspended wooden floor) so whilst i don't want to p*ss them off to much, i want to make sure it's a worth while outlay.