Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
128x128jafant
Thanks! for sharing- shubert
that whole bail -out non-sense was a backdoor deal via politics to be sure.
I concur in that no public debt for private losses. Good to see you.
Happy Listening!
Thanks! for the update- corvette01
good to see you again and read that all of your systems are flowing.
Happy Listening!
vair68robert
I was hoping that dgarretson would chime-in on the cross-over discussion. He is well versed in the oem parts used by Mr. Thiel on models CS2.4SE, CS 2.7 and CS 3.7 speakers. I will attempt to reach him via email and direct him your way. More to follow.
Happy Listening!
Good to see you- audiojan
it is very tough to beat (no pun) the CS 2.4 speaker. Very sweet and priced right, recently a saw a pair on eBay for $1700, as the dealer offered a deep discount. A steal! Should an opportunity present itself to buy the CS 2.4SE do not hesitate to buy. Models 2.7 and 3.7 are excellent as well.
Happy Listening!
vair68robert,

First, congrats on your purchase!

I'm taken aback by your reporting of all those 2.7s for sale, as I had (and have) been following that market for quite a while and the 2.7s were even more rare than the 3.7s.  (In fact, it took two years to find 2.7s in the finish I preferred).

Was the situation you described recent, or are you talking about seeing those Thiels further in the past?