Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
128x128jafant

Precisely! arniespin

proper break-in/burn-in is paramount w/ any stereo system. Take time, dial it in slowly and one will  be musically rewarded. Good to see so many fans of REL products.

Happy Listening!

batmanfan,

Yes my Thiel 3.7s are in the Morado finish!

:-)

But just so we are talking about the same thing: I’ve seen one or two people mix up the "Morado" finish with the Amberwood finish.
Mine are in what Thiel called their Morado finish, which is the darker reddish stain with the nice wood grain patterns, as shown in the very first image on this page:

http://mancave-stereo.blogspot.ca/2013/10/the-thiel-37-part-1-visiting-old-friend.html

In preparation for selling them a while back I had a top level furniture re-finisher go over them to make sure they were tip top. They came back looking essentially "mint" like they just rolled off the factory floor. I was so impressed by this that I actually couldn’t let them go and it’s one reason I held on to them that much longer!

My wife likes the look of these 3.7s more than my 2.7s. (My 2.7s came to me second hand a bit scuffed so I intend to bring them to the same place to get the "like new" treatment).

Still, my 3.7s gotta go at some point.

Believe me, I know how tough it is when you want a rare speaker and ALSO put the constraint of a certain finish on them. That’s what I did with the 2.7s and had to wait 3 years or so for them to pop up in Ebony, and even then never seen another pair for sale, so I feel like I found my Unicorn.

Regarding color, my 3.7s are Morado and I also have an MCS1 in what they call dark cherry.  If there is any difference between these two finishes it's subtle.  When I bought the MCS1 I was hoping it would be a matching center with the 3.7s as fronts and, for all practical purposes, it is.  I didn't set them side by side and do a careful comparison but they look the same.  I'm just posting this in case anyone else has wondered if mixing these two finishes in a multichannel setup would look ok.  
there are some great tips on the Mapleshade web site.  Pierre thinks we sit too far away and too high and i have been using his suggestions for years with all my various Thiel speakers. 
I have the speakers  114"  apart (tweeter to tweeer),    90" from my  ear to the tweeter,  and i sit where my ears are  about 32"  off the floorhttp://www.mapleshadestore.com/freeupgrades.php