Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
128x128jafant

Good to see you - tomthiel

I like spade connectors as well.  Happy Listening!

Yeah I know 70 db should be no problem for any decent speaker.  As I mentioned I do like to crank it more when I'm listening from a distance, so that's when I have to watch it.  Though the Thiels are so clean, and have such punch, it's hard not to keep turning them up for Van Halen, dance music etc. ;)

BTW, as someone who has numerous speakers, spade connectors drive me nuts.  I much prefer bananas for the ease of use.
@prof How often do you swap connections? Spade connection is tough to beat for a solid transmission of the signal. Set it and forget it. 

Well, I used to swap more often than I do currently.  Maybe once a month or so.

And previous to that I used to do it almost every night.   That's because I used to use my home theater (Hales) speakers for two channel as well.  So I had speaker wire leads from my tube amps sitting near my HT L/R speakers, and when I wanted to use them for two channel I'd just unplug the speakers from my home theater cables, and plug in the cables to my 2 channel tube amps/sources.   So banana plugs were very easy to deal with. 

Still...I own at the moment 5 pairs of speakers that I swap in and out, so any connection that makes that easier is the one I prefer.