Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
128x128jafant
My 3.6s are 1001 and 1002 I’ve found a few articles online about heat causing problems with the xos I haven’t experienced any problems with my speakers but after learning I have the first gen 3.6s and there were 2 revisions after that I’m thinking Tom’s hot rod upgrade could be a game changer! Tom keep sharing Thiel history and inside info I enjoy reading all your posts!!

There's a pair of CS6s on audiogon right now.  For anyone wanting to get in on the Thiel sound I highly recommend them.  When I had them in my home they were stellar; still one of the best speakers I've ever had.
(And sounded wonderful with tubes!).
Regarding access to XOs for the 2.4, here are Rob Gillum’s instructions to me:

“The crossover can be accessed through the passive radiator opening. The base is not removable, as it is screwed, and glued. To access the crossover, you must remove the passive radiator screws and let the passive radiator drop into the cabinet. It can be rotated 90 degrees, and removed while servicing. To re-install the passive radiator, you can place your fingers at the surround, pressing outward to hold in place while re-installing the screws that hold bit in place.”

I would add two things, 1) be patient rotating the radiator to get the right angle for removal; 2) you don’t need to be overly paranoid grasping the radiator surrounds as I was initially. Not nearly as delicate as I first imagined, albeit still need to exercise care.
fitter468

Good to see you again. Thank You for listing your speakers' serial numbers. Those are low production numbers indeed.  The 3.6 model has quite a few fans and owners here.   Happy Listening!