Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
128x128jafant
@holco thanks for the pics. Looks like you still have the stock 0.72 mH coil on the woofer board. Is that the one too far out of spec?

Were you able to compare SQ with and without the foil coil on the coax board?
Thanks Steve, very insightful. I gave up on my CS6's years ago.  I've gone thru a few really good amps over the years and felt something was always lacking. I still have the 6's w/ss1 but only use them maybe a week every year or so.  Class D may be in my future or get off my rear end sell them.
I've gone thru a few really good amps over the years and felt something was always lacking

I am not sure there is a perfect component.  You could spend a lot of money on something but it won't be perfect.  Every design is a compromise.  I like the CS2.4 very much but I always feel like there's something it could do better, but of course this is also true for any speakers in the world regardless of cost.
@jafant I did try the Bryston cubed series with my 2.4's and wasn't pleased with how the played together.  The build quality was superb on that amp...it really was like audio jewelry if you will.  But in my room I needed to warm up the Thiels and fill out the midrange and lower midrange and the Pass Labs amp (X series, not the XA or XS series - I was specifically told by Pass that the X series would mate better with the Thiels than the XS).  I had the 7bcubed in my house for about a week.  Couldn't get it to work well with the 2.4's at all.

pwhinson

Good to see you again.  Thank You for the note about Bryston not being a fit in your system. I would say that the Pass Labs certainly warmed up the CS 2.4 in a good way. Nelson, Kent and Mark knows Thiel Audio loudspeakers very well.

Happy Listening!